Saturday, June 28, 2008

A PP'sPs about Unintentional Compliments

I received an unintentional blessing last night! I was playing a game called "Compatability" with the fam. The game consists of several cards w/ pics. A word is given and you have to choose cards that represent that word to you, hoping to match cards with your partner. Well, one of the cards in the deck is of the cross of Christ. Here is where the blessing comes in (I know. You thought I was never gonna get here!).

As my wife and momma-in-law were explaining the game to my mom, they both declared that when in doubt, play the cross card when playing with me. "Josh always uses the cross." Now, they were being silly, but it got me thinking.

I do always play the cross because the cross and what it represents is vitally important to me and and my entire life is filtered through it. For others who are around me and know me to see that and acknowledge it was a huge blessing! They weren't trying to bless me, but I received it anyway!

May we who profess Christ ALWAYS play the Cross Card!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Dang, I didn't mean to pay you a compliment, I'm gonna have to work on that.