Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A PP'sPs about Irony

I have always been a fan of irony...until now.

I have had knee pain for probably 7 or 8 years. Doctors have said that it was probably a degeneration of the cartilage under the patellas. It has gotten much worse over the last year or so. So, I finally decided to have them MRI'd. Yesterday, I got the results...

And here's the irony...

ARTHRITIS!

The disease that tortured Christy for nearly 25 years is now affecting me.

Now, it's not quite the same disease that affected Christy. She had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis and it was severe. I have Osteoarthritis and it's early stage. I have nowhere near the pain and repercussions that she had.

But still! Isn't it ironic, don't you think? A little too ironic? Yeah, I really do think.


Ired with Irony,

Josh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like rain on your wedding day.

Josh Hildebrand said...

I'm glad someone got that reference!

Anonymous said...

It's the good advice that you just didn't take.

I understand you Hildebrand!

Jo

Anonymous said...

Josh!! I know a great doctor that could help you. :) Wishing you the best!!! And loved the Alanis Morisette reference.