Saturday, December 13, 2008

A PP'sPs about OCD

This is a strange development.

One of the things that I miss most about Christy is her OCD.
You see, I am not the most tidy person in the world. A pristine house is not a huge priority for me and never has been. It's never bothered me if dishes sat in the sink or if clothes were draped over the couch or if the bathroom sink was cluttered with toiletries.
Christy, on the other hand, was her mother's daughter. She was a neat freak. Even she would classify it as borderline Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Things out of place consumed her. Of course, the culprit for most of the disorder was yours truly. It was especially hard for her because she wasn't able to fix alot of the issues herself. She had to get me to do it.
Here is where it gets strange.
I miss that about her so much it literally hurts. When I walk by something that would have bothered her, it hits me in the gut like a ton of bricks. I yearn for the very thing that used to get under my skin: the boss setting me straight. I'm lost without her direction!
Here is where it gets stranger.
I mentioned that I get ill when I walk by one of those things that would have bothered her. Not only do I get ill, but some of the time, I actually fix the problem. She must have trained me well. For whatever reason, I try to keep the house close to what she would want.

I fall short, but I think she would be proud.

Desperately missing the boss,

Josh

1 comment:

Julie said...

Josh,

What can I say? You were right when you said she was my daughter! I've always known I was OCD but never wanted to admit it. It wasn't something that Christy liked to admit about herself either.

You're doing great, try not to be so hard on yourself. If she were here now, I'm sure Christy would tell you to live life and not worry about a messy house. Your ultimate Home will be perfect.

Love you much,
Momma J