Thursday, August 27, 2009

A PP'sPs about Life

Wow!

What a crazy few months!

I must apologize for failing to post anything recently. I know that all two of you have been eagerly anticipating my next post. Sorry for the delay.

I'm at a loss as to where I should start! First off, wedding plans are going well. Many people in multiple states have been instrumental in getting us where we are...16 days from the wedding!!! Whoa! It's getting very real! Kristen and I went and applied for our marriage license last week. That really made it real! But, I couldn't be more excited about spending the rest of my life with my HHH! (Half-Hispanic Hottie!)

On a more somber note, the joy of our day will be tempered by the fact that Kristen's mom, Lannie, will not be with us physically. If you had not heard, Lannie was freed from her pain and suffering on July 22 as her Lord and Savior called her home. We have every confidence that her spirit will be with us and we anticipate her presence on that day.

As can be expected, the last 5 weeks have been very difficult for Kristen. She was very close to her mother and had a special relationship with her. She was by her mother's bedside from the beginning of her diagnosis to the final moments. Because her love was so strong, so her grief has been equally potent. To make matters worse, just a few weeks after the funeral, Kristen had to get back into "teacher" mode; a task that has proven quite challenging. Not only has she had to put her energies into a wedding that seems less joyful, but she has had to gear up for a semester with 7 special-needs children on top of her regular students, a surprise she had not anticipated. Needless to say, she could use your prayers as she treads through the next weeks and months.

As for me, facing death again after a relatively short time has been more difficult than I anticipated. Adding to my emotional strain is the task of packing up a home that I built and shared with Christy. Having to pack, give away, or sell stuff that I had forgotten about has been quite emotional. A roller coaster analogy doesn't even begin to capture the emotional journey I've been on over the last several months. However, through it all, I have experienced a peace that truly does pass all human understanding. What a faithful God!

Well, that pretty much catches you up on where we are at this point. I want to continue to express my appreciation for all of you who have kept Kristen and myself in your prayers. They are felt and effective!

Ready to see the Bride,

Josh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just not sure what to say and I definately don't want to say something lame, so my love for you and Kristen is all I can offer.

Overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions,
Jo

Unknown said...

Saw the wedding photos that Chelsea posted. What a fabulous day! I rejoice with you, and also hold both you and Kristen close in my heart as you both deal with a mixture of joy and grief.