Sunday, July 6, 2008

A PP'sPs about Peace

Apparently praying for peace actually works! In the midst of the most difficult and tense and tragic situation of my admittedly brief ministry career, I prayed for peace and asked others to be praying for peace for me as I preached the memorial service for a murder/suicide couple. And lo and behold, God responded! As I stepped up to the lectern, I felt a wash of peace that passed all understanding and God was able to speak through me and bless those in attendance.

There but for the grace of God go I!

p.s. Don't try it any other way!

1 comment:

The Hibbard Family said...

We've dealt with similar stuff, and it's a rough road, we know. We're praying with you as you deal with this for the months to come. I can tell you this - God amazingly does truly bring beauty out of even situations like this!